Friday 16 March 2012

Planning and making the digipack

Digipack

This was my initial idea, but I decided to do something different:

 Here is a butterfly I drew with a pencil:



When I was happy with it I traced it with a black pen so that it comes out when I scan it:

Instead of scanning it I took a picture of the drawing and uploaded on my computer:

I then resized it smaller:

I then erased the grey background:

 ...This was my result:

 I then added a new raster layer:

...I set the blend mode to saturation:

This is what I got:

 I then merged the layers:

Then I used the fill effect and painted the background black:

This is what I got when i got rid of the green spaces:

Then I sharpened the image:

I made the butterfly smaller so that I could have more space for text:

I then went on effects - texture effects- tile:

...I played around with the tile effects until I was happy:
 
Then I changed the colour slightly:


The front cover went through these stages:


And this is how it turned out in the end:

This is the back of the digipack. The pixelated thing in the background is supposed to be the same image of the butterfly on the cover, but more pixelated. I was inspired to do this 3d effect idea from Kanye West's album ' Graduation', which i analysed earlier.

To make the inside right part of the digipack( where the disk goes), I pasted the digipack template on my image to guide me:

I then erased the irrelevant bits:

I then made the image negative by going on image - negative image:

I then started to design it by duplicating the same text:

Here is my final result which was inspired my No Doubt's album cover. Notice how the font matches the font on the front cover:

And finally, here is the last part of my digipack. I used images from the music video to make a collage, and the colour scheme fitted the rest of the digipack:



No comments:

Post a Comment