Monday 7 November 2011

Song making process/lyrics and final song!

We finished making our track a few weeks ago, and as of now we've finished most of the lyrics. We now recorded one verse and we now all we have to do is record the rest of the song, maybe change the tone, pitch and add some effects and then we'll be finished. Here are some screen shots of the process of making the track :

Here is the song!

Here are some printscreens of process of making our track:









Here are our lyrics:

(chorus)
Even though I'm on my own 
I'm not alone 
I still have the seat to my throne

The first time I layed my eyes on you
i didn't know what to expect 
but you became the remedy
to make pain less
i thought you were cool
but then I heard you weren't the best
so then I took myself out
not hearing the rest
I searched, I found now look at me
I'm a mess
you turned me into a wreck
I love what you do, the way you make me feel
that perfect hit on the deck
Yet I'm digging deeper
Looking for better
Feeling weaker
In search for that feeling again
I should have listen to the rest
they were warning me about you 
saying you will cheat 
and will destroy me

(chorus)
Even though I'm on my own 
I'm not alone 
I still have the seat to my throne

Baby we keep trying and trying 
But nothing seems to stop me crying
Every day and night I'm living in an illusion
I give myself false hopes that your still my baby
Even though you say I'm all yours 
i can see through those deceiving eyes
don't you dare come back to me 
I know what I'm worth
I don't need your comfort

(Baby i love you)

You say three words with such emotions 
yes i heard you say i love you a billion times
our love it used to flow like an ocean
your heart pounding like the heart of a chime

(I was always there by your side
holding your hand with such pride)

I've heard it all before, don't even try it
its been week and you're still crying
what we had wasn't love
I'm sorry to break it but i have to say it
I was just a rebound

Lies, lies, how many lies 
we try and we try
wait, I try and i try
i don't have to spy with an eye
you cut one already
now you disgust me
get off me
Go to the bedroom
It's all good though
I'm a big girl
Imma go solo
they day not until you lose
it you won't know
It's too late to backtrack now
I'm moving forward
cus' it's all about me now

(chorus 7x)
Even though I'm on my own 
I'm not alone 
I still have the seat to my throne


The lyrics relate to our video ideas because we plan to do a conceptual narrative video where the lyrics relate to what we see on screen. In our lyrics the chorus says " Even though I'm on my own....I still have the seat to my throne". This means that now matter how much people are troubled/depressed, they can still get back up and move on with their lives. The first verse is about a person going through drug addiction and regretting not listening to friends' warnings. So, the video adaptation is going to be very literal. We will have a girl taking drugs and we will see her mental state go downhill. The second verse is about a girl who has just broken up with her boyfriend, and he wants her back. The video might show them doing seperate things and then talking to each other on the phone. The third verse is about a couple having an argument. The song ends with the chorus, which is an optimistic/positive ending.

1 comment:

  1. Good evidence of the process Barwaga. Lets get the lyrics on here now with your storyboards and photos of your locations.

    ReplyDelete